Same as in Facebook, you can receive SMS notifications in Google+. With this service, all new notifications will be delivered to your mobile. You can also update via SMS.
For activating SMS notifications,
- Login to your Google+ account and click on Google+ settings on the top right corner.
- In the Set Delivery Preferences, click on the Add Phone Number link.
- Select your country. I selected India out of the available options.
- Provide your mobile number.
- Press the Send Verification Code Button.
- Soon you'll receive a verification code on your mobile phone.
- Enter that code into a text box provided for it.
- Click confirm.
- Click the SMS radio button to activate SMS notifications.
- You can also customize your notifications just below it.